Portfolio What We Do
AstraZeneca and MedImmune
AstraZeneca/ Medimmune wanted a show stopper at ACR (American College of Rheumatology) that encouraged attendees to view gout differently.
The client’s main goal was to communicate their message through methods of science and education. Visual (along with the AZ/MI agency) provided several touch points throughout the space to achieve this goal – two years in a row.
Technology was a key factor in message delivery.
– An illuminated, interactive 9’ mannequin highlighted body parts affected by gout.
– A custom augmented reality app (Light On Gout) demonstrated stages of gout. Doctors were also given a card with targets and directed to download the app so they could use the app as a teaching tool for their patients.
– Interactive learning kiosks throughout the space promoted self-driven exploration of the disease.
– Custom content played on very large LED panels that created a bright animated arch that could be seen across the hall.
– A unique crystal sculpture representing gout crystals acted as a booth centerpiece which was embedded with interactive monitors.
But technology was not the only approach. A coffee bar and seating area facilitated more in-depth conversations at the exhibit.
ACR (years 1 and 2) were deemed great successes. Can’t wait to check out next year’s experience!